Terms & Conditions
Below are the terms & conditions found in the charter party document:
1. The signature of this Agreement by the Owner and/or his Agents becomes valid and binds the Owner to his obligations hereinafter mentioned only on condition that the owner will actually receive the sums of the payments as indicated in Charter conditions in front page, in time.
2. The owner agrees:
a. To fit out the Yacht and to hand her to the Charterer, without crew, clean, ready for sea, with all the gear and the agreed equipment and in proper running and seaworthy condition at the agreed on the first page place.
b. To insure the Yacht and her equipment as per the Greek law and against fire, marine and collision risks and third party damage and against any and all loss or damage and the Charterer shall therefore be relieved of any and all liability which is covered by the said Policy, provided that such loss or damage is not caused or contributed to by any act of gross negligence or willful default on his part. The owner shall not be under any liability for the loss or damage to the personal property of or for any injury to the Charterer or any person on board with his permission.
c. To employ every reasonable effort to ensure delivery of the Yacht on the agreed date and place mentioned in front page, but if for any cause whatsoever the yacht shall not be available, the Charterer shall have the right of choice of one of following possibilities:
I. Provided that the following charter commitment of the Yacht allows it and that the Owner agrees, to prolong the period of charter by the same length of time by which the delivery has been delayed.
II. To leave the date of termination unchanged and to be refunded by the Owner with an amount proportional to the time by which delivery was delayed at the rate corresponding to the agreed total charter fees.
III. If the delay of delivery exceeds one fourth (1/4) of the total charter time, to cancel this Agreement and be refunded by the Owner with the total amount paid for this charter. In any of the events mentioned in this Clause, neither party shall be liable to pay to the other any other compensation for any loss or damage resulting from the curtailment or the cancellation of this Agreement
IV. To accept a similar yacht suggested by the owner.
Redelivery (Return of the Yacht and Delays)
3. The Charterer agrees:
a. To redeliver the Yacht to the Owner at the agreed date, time and place, together with all her equipment, in the same good condition as she was at take-over. If he shall for any reason, weather conditions included, fail to deliver the Yacht at the aforesaid date and time, to pay to the Owner demurrage at the rate of the charter price per day of this Agreement increased by fifty percent (50%), for every day of fractional part of a day thereafter until delivery has been effected. If he leaves the Yacht at any place other than the place designated in this Clause, to pay to the Owner all expenses involved in transferring the yacht to the place of redelivery and pro-data demurrage as above for the number of days required for this transfer, as well as for any loss or damage which may occur on or to the Yacht until she has been taken over again by the Owner.
b. To choose one of the two following Security deposits.
I. Refundable Security Deposit.
To leave on deposit and as guaranty with the Owner on taking over the Yacht the amount indicated in the published price list, to meet in whole or in part any claim by the Owner in respect of any loss or damage to the Yacht and/or her equipment and for any claim by the Owner in respect of the provisions of Clause 3 (a) above.
The aforesaid deposit shall be refunded to the Charterer, subject to the provisions above, after inspection of the Yacht, her gear and her inventory by the Owner.
II. Damage / Loss Waiver.
To pay a) Damage/Loss Waiver as per the published pricelist and b) at the same time to leave a reduced Refundable Security Deposit as per the published price list. With the Damage/Loss Waiver the charterer‘s liability for loss or damage to the yacht is restricted to the amount of the paid security deposit, with the following exceptions:
- Any loss or damage caused by gross negligence by the charterer and/or his party or willful default on his part
- Any loss or damage caused to the boat or her equipment by the charterer or any member of his/her party while under the influence of alcohol or narcotics
Alike to the normal refundable deposit, the reduced Refundable Security deposit is also to meet in whole the cost of returning the boat to her prearranged harbor if the charterer fails to do so by the scheduled date and time and the cost of refuelling if the boat is returned without refilled tanks.
The payment of either the Refundable Security Deposit (I), or the Damage / Loss Waiver (II), is designed to cover only one incident of a substantial nature at any one time, viz: in case of loss or damage to equipment of significant value such as outboard engine or dinghy, the charterer will have the right to an immediate replacement whilst on charter, provided that the charterer pays a new Refundable Security Deposit immediately upon receipt of replacement or repair.
Restrictions in the use of the Yacht Composition of Charterer’s Party and Cruise Limits
c. Not to use the Yacht for racing unless different is agreed and described on the front page Charter Conditions and a Racing Risk insurance is paid, or the towing other craft, except in emergency or generally for any purpose other than that of private pleasure of the Charterer and his party which should include not less than one (1) qualified skipper and one (1) experienced crew member, but not more than the mentioned in the Charter conditions in front page number, in all at sea, or to accommodate aboard any person other than those shown on the crew/passenger manifest nor to take the Yacht or permit her to be taken outside the area of the Greek seas nor to sublet the Yacht without the written consent of the owner. d. Not to allow any person on board to commit any act contrary to the customs laws of Greece or of any country or contrary to the laws pertaining to fishing or under water fishing nor to seek and/or take possession of objects or archaeological nature or value and that in case any such act is committed this Agreement shall thereupon terminate, but without prejudice to any rights of the Owner and that the Charterer shall carry alone any resulting responsibilities and he shall answer alone to the appropriate Authorities.
Observance of Customs and Diving Laws
e. To take every possible preventive measure and precaution to avoid to bring the Yacht in any condition in which the Yacht will need to be towed to any point by another vessel, but Towing the Yacht should such a necessity arise, in spite of the Charterer’s efforts, to notify immediately the owner and if such a contact is impossible to negotiate and agree with the captain of the other vessel on the price to be paid, before allowing the yacht to be towed.
Agreement for Towing the Yacht
f. Not to leave a port or anchorage if the harbor Authorities have imposed a prohibition of sailing or while the yacht has unrepaired damage or without sufficient reserves of fuel or in general, when weather conditions or the state of the Yacht or its crew or a combination of them concerning the safety of the Yacht and her crew is doubtful.
Restrictions In Leaving Port In the Use of Canvas In Navigation Yacht Log
g. Not to sail the Yacht in any area not sufficiently covered by the charts at his disposal or without having previously studied the charts of the area and other printed aids on board thoroughly, not to sail the Yacht at night without all navigation lights functioning.
h. Not to cruise out of Saronic & Argolic Gulf and the Ionian Sea (For the Motor Yachts Only)
i. To keep the Yacht’s Log Book up to date, noting each day the port of call, the state of the Yacht and its equipment, any change in the composition of the crew when at sea, regularity, the times position, weather conditions, sail plan and hours of engine operation.
j. To plan and to carry out the yacht’s itinerary in such a manner as to reach the port of call farthest away from the point at which the Yacht must be returned to the Owner (Turn-Around Point) within the first one third (1/3) of the charter period and that two days prior to .the termination of the charter the yacht’s port of call shall lie at a distance not greater than forty (40) N.M. from the point at which the Yacht is to be returned to the Owner.
Reports of yachts Position and State Information Charterer’s Sailing Qualifications
k. To report by telephone or cable to the Owner at reasonable intervals the position and state of the yacht and of her passengers, as well as in the event of any damage to the Yacht.
IT IS HEREBY FURTHER AGREED by and between the parties hereto:
4. This agreement is entered into on the basis of the sailing competence of the Charterer or his skipper, verified by official certification. In the event of misinterpretation, the Owner shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement forthwith and retain the Charter fees.
Proof of competency: At least one sailing certificate is compulsory to charter bareboat in Greece and the original must be presented to the base or local authorities.
Test of Sailing Competence of Charterer and his Crew
5. The Owner (or his representatives) may require the Charterer and his crew to demonstrate their competence in handling and navigating the yacht safely by actually operating the yacht at sea with the Owner (or his representative) aboard and should the Charterer and/or his crew fail to satisfy the Owner in this respect, the Owner may terminate this Agreement as stated in Clause (4) above or place aboard the yacht a skipper, if one acceptable by both the Owner and the Charterer is available, at the expense of the Charterer, for as many days as the Owner will consider necessary for the safety of the yacht and her passengers and any time required for this test of the Charterer’s competence and seamanship will be part of the agreed Charter period.
Take-Over of the Yacht & Time required for it
6. The delivery of the Yacht to the Charterer will be made at the commencement of the charter period as agreed. The time required to demonstrate the yacht to the Charterer and to familiarize him with her should be part of the agreed charter time. The free use of the Yacht will be granted to the Charterer after he has signed the Take-Over form.
7. Before signing the aforesaid form, the Charterer shall have the right to inspect the yacht, her gear and her inventory thoroughly to ascertain that all are available and in good working condition, except as may be noted thereon, but the signature of the Take-Over form by the Charterer shall be deemed to imply acceptance of the yacht which thereafter will be in the Charterer’s full responsibility and the Charterer shall have no right to claim for any loss of time or expense occasioned by any accident or breakdown or failure of any part of the Yacht.
Acceptance of the Yacht Charterer’s Responsibility during Charter Time
8. After take-over, expenditures for port-dues, water, fuels, oils and any other stores required, as well as the repair of any damage or failure that may occur while the yacht is in the Charterer’s responsibility and which are not the result of normal and natural wear shall be made by the Charterer at his expense, provided that he previously obtained the consent of the Owner for the technical suitability of the repair to be made. In the case of repairs of damages or failures resulting clearly from normal and natural wear, the Charterer shall previously obtain the Owner’s consent with regard to the cost and technical suitability of these repairs and the Charterer shall collect the pertinent receipts against which he shall be refunded by the Owner at the end of the charter.
Running Expenses Ascertainment of Damages
9. If any accident or damage is caused by the Yacht, the Charterer shall request from the nearest Port Authority to ascertain the damage or accident and the circumstances in which it has been caused and to make a written record and statement about it and he shall notify the Owner at the same time.
Cancellation or Premature Termination
10. In the event of cancellation of the charter by the Charterer, for any reason, except as mentioned in Clause 2 (c) (III), after signing this Agreement, the following cancellation policy will apply depending on the time-interval between the booking confirmation and the cancellation date:
a. Cancellation fee of 30% of the total charter fee (without options), for bookings cancelled after signing the contract and in time period up to 90 days prior to boat embarkation.
b. Cancellation fee of 50% of the total charter fee (without options), for bookings cancelled within a period of 46-89 days prior to boat embarkation
c. Cancellation fee of 100% of the total fee (without options), for bookings cancelled in a period less than 45 days prior to boat embarkation.
d. No-Show Cancellation: 100% of all amounts including charter price, mandatory/optional extras and any crew is due.
In case that the yacht under cancellation is re-chartered to another Charterer for the same period and under the same conditions only the dossier expenses will be charged. In the event that the Charterer should elect to terminate the charter and deliver the yacht prior to the date designated in this Agreement, the Owner shall not be liable to the return of any proportional part of the hire money.
Total Loss of Yacht
Special Provisions Brokers
11. Should the Yacht become an actual or constructive total loss before the Charter period, this Agreement shall be deemed to be at an end and the Charterer shall recover from the Owner all charter monies paid in advance to the Owner.
12. The special provisions if any, set out in the Schedule hereto are fully accepted and form part of this Agreement.
13. The Brokers act in good faith on behalf of both Owner and Charterer but contract as Brokers only and in no way incur any liability for any acts, matters or things done, committed, omitted or suffered by either party, except for the responsibilities provided by the pertinent legislation of Greece.
Arbitration of Disputes
14. In the event of any dispute arising between the parties hereto with respect to this Agreement or anything herein contained the same shall be referred to two Arbitrators in Greece one to be appointed by each party, whose decision shall be final or to an Umpire to be appointed by such Arbitrators, if and when they shall disagree, the decision in such event of the Umpire to be final.
Payment of booking
a. Charter Price: 40% of the total charter fee due and payable upon reservation to confirm booking. Balance payment due 40 days prior to embarkation.
b. Booking is not confirmed until first payment is cleared to Owner’s bank account. Charter will take place only if all payments are confirmed in cleared funds in due time.
c. All payments in Euro. All amounts must be received in full, in cleared funds net of payment / credit card / banking commissions and expenses.
d. Bank Accounts: Charterers and Agents shall ensure payments are made into corresponding Owner bank accounts based on yacht booked:
MARLA (Cyclades 50.5) & ISABELLA (Oceanis 50)
Account name: ND Sails P.Y.M.C.
Bank: Piraeus Bank
Company details for invoices:
ND Sails P.Y.M.C.
Gr. Lambraki 19, Glyfada 16675
VAT NO: EL 998049013
TAX OFFICE: PLION PIRAEUS
FANTASEA (Lagoon 42)
Account name: Aristocats P.Y.M.C.
Bank: Piraeus Bank
Company details for invoices:
Gr. Lambraki 19, Glyfada 16675
VAT NO: EL 997061956
TAX OFFICE: PLION PIRAEUS
EUPHORIA (Oceanis 51.1) & INFINITY (Oceanis 46.1)
Account name: Open Horizon Yachting P.Y.M.C.
Bank: Alpha Bank
Company details for invoices:
Open Horizon Yachting P.Y.M.C.
Gr. Lambraki 19, Glyfada 16675
VAT NO: EL 996929973
TAX OFFICE: PLION PIRAEUS
Mandatory and optional extras
16. Extras are payable prior to embarkation by bank transfer or AT BASE with cash or card.
Cleaning fees are mandatory and non-commissionable, to be added to charter rates per charter per yacht.
Optional extras include skipper, crew change, fast track pack, optional equipment & charter packs & services. Refer to the price list or our webage for full list of optional extras available.
17. As per Charter Party Terms, Charterer will provide at Base before embarkation a Security Deposit as per Owner Offer; payment by credit card, VISA or MasterCard only (no debit cards).
The Security Deposit applies per insurable event (damage or loss). If the yacht is returned without damages, the deposit is released back to Charterer. For damages of an amount less than Security Deposit, Owner retains the amount required for repairs and the balance is released back to Charterer. For damages in amounts more than the Security Deposit, Owner retains full amount of Security Deposit.
This means that should an incident occur, in order to be covered against a second incident, the Charterer must replenish the Security Deposit to the initial amount. In any other case, Owner may treat the charter agreement as repudiated by Charterer and end the charter.
Security Deposit Visa or MasterCard, between €2800 and €3500, amount depending on particular yacht.
Taxes on Payment
18. Full 24% VAT rate is applicable, which the Charterer must pay. A 50% discount at a rate of 12% VAT is possible, under the condition that the skipper provides upon return a declaration, stamped by the destination port authorities, stating he arrived at a port which lies at a distance greater than 6 nautical miles from the initial port of embarkation. This regulation has been put into effect to verify valid and genuine sailing charters by reputable charter operators, and to tax payments accordingly.
19. Booking discounts offered as follows:
a. 5% discount for:
Returning ND Sails clients
Two week charter
Boat show discount
Two yachts in one booking
Full payment at time of booking
b. 10% discount for:
Early booking discount, by 31st January 2020
Three week charter
Three yachts in one booking
c. The maximum discount in one booking will be 15% total.
20. All prices are listed in Euro, and the pricelist is subject to change without notice.
Charter Prices include local taxes and VAT calculated as per current rates applicable and valid to this date, subject to change without prior notice or responsibility of the Owner, the Agent or the Broker. Should any changes in applicable tax legislation take place after booking, that result in change of VAT and hence of total amount(s) due, then the difference will be credited or debited accordingly to the Charterer.
21. Charter prices in ND Sails official pricelist include Agent’s commission: 19.2% applicable on the charter fee net of VAT (i.e. on the amount of final charter price after VAT has been deducted). Price list subject to change without notice.
Optional & compulsory extras and additional services are non-commissionable.
Agent Commission Invoice to be issued to Yacht Owner company, one month prior to charter (details provided in section Payment of Booking above). Bookings accepted from EU-based businesses subject to having mandatory VIES registered VAT number.
Commission invoices must be delivered to ND Sails within 7 days from issuance date; invoices received past due will have to be cancelled and re-issued by issuing Agent. ND Sails PYMC reserves the right to, without liability, at any time cancel a booking because Agent has not provided their commission invoice in a timely and compliant manner.
Fast Track Pack (early check in)
22. The charter agreement specifies access to the yacht by 5 pm on day of embarkation.
If Charterer prefers access to the yacht (including completion of check in process) at an earlier time of 2 pm, this ‘Fast Track Pack’ option is available for a fee of €150, to be requested and paid by the final charter payment, due 40 days before embarkation.
Any later requests for the ‘Fast Track Pack’ option made within 39 days prior to embarkation will be considered a late request, and the option then has an adjusted fee of €200.
Earlier access is subject to previous charter of yacht in question returned on time and without major damages. If ND Sails encounters delays (repairs to yacht, for example), and cannot meet the early check in time, the Charterer receives a refund of this fee and ND Sails reverts to meeting the standard access time of 5 pm on the day of embarkation.
Sunday Check In
23. ND Sails will accommodate Charterer requests for Sunday check in (instead of standard Saturday), at no charge provided the request is made at least one week prior to day of embarkation.
Any Sunday check in requests made within the week prior to day of embarkation result in a late fee of €150.